Jackfruit Carnitas Tacos
- Preheat the oven to 450℉ (230℃) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for three to five minutes until softened. Add the jackfruit and water, and simmer for ten minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, coconut sugar, cumin, smoked paprika, and orange juice and simmer on low for ten minutes. Pull apart the jackfruit with a fork.
- Spread the jackfruit onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until crispy.
- Spread the guacamole over the tortillas, and top with the jackfruit, red onion, and cilantro. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (medium, diced)
- 4 cups Canned Jackfruit (young, drained, rinsed, cored)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsps Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsps Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Guacamole
- 8 Corn Tortilla
- 1/4 cup Red Onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (chopped)