Having the right mindset is an essential part of achieving any goal you have your heart set on. Without the right combination of thoughts and beliefs, your goals can easily remain unmet. However, when we become mindful of nurturing the positive thoughts, those that build us up, amazing things can happen.
We experience around 50,000 thoughts every single day, and it can take some work to ensure that the majority of these thoughts are moving us forward. In the world of social media, constant news cycles, and complete lack of work-life balance, staying positive can be an exercise in and of itself. However, there is a tool that I have found that has really helped me to change my outlook, and the way I shape my thoughts, and thus, my outcomes, affirmations.
Affirmations are short, powerful, and uplifting statements that when thought or spoken become your reality. So, how can you start using affirmations? It’s actually quite simple, just take a look below.
How to Get the Most out of Your Affirmations
1. Write down your affirmations and place them in view. Whether on an index card, your computer screen saver or on your bathroom mirror, make sure your affirmations are in a place where you will notice them.
2. Practice mindfulness when stating your affirmations. This means try to use all of your senses while stating your affirmations. Be mindful of the sounds, the coolness of the air and the objects that surround you.
3. Speak with confidence and peace. Believe that you can achieve the change you are after and that you are worth that change.
4. Smile while stating your affirmation, because we could all smile a little a more.
Now that we understand the basics of using affirmations in our daily lives, I wanted to share some of my favorite affirmations. Below are some of my picks for beginners to get started to shape their thoughts into more positive ones, and thus begin to embody the change they want for themselves.
Health + Wellness
- I have complete power over my health, wellness, and well-being.
- I deserve and accept vibrant health + wellness of my mind and body.
- I’m full of energy and vitality.
- Everything I do moves me closer to health.
- I always choose the most nourishing foods.
- I am always open to trying new healthful foods.
- Being fit and healthy are the top priorities of my life.
- Exercising makes me feel great and gives me energy.
- I always find the time to exercise.
- When I breathe, I inhale confidence and strength.
- I am self-reliant, creative and persistent in whatever I do.
- My confidence commands respect and attention.
Keep in mind, affirmations are only a piece of the puzzle, and in order to increase your chances of being successful, you need to make sure you are creating achievable goals. For more information on what goes into a strong goal, be sure to check out my blog post on S.M.A.R.T. goal setting.
Do you already use affirmations? If not, is there an affirmation that you want to start using? Share with me in the comments!